Skip to main content

2012

Wow, what a year 2012 was for me! 2011 was really the year I focused on reaching my weight-loss goals, and 2012 was the year I focused on reaching my education goals to become a fitness instructor and a personal trainer. In 2012 I also purchased a small fitness studio, Studio Azul, with a couple of my friends and I look forward to keeping this studio up and running so people near the studio have a place to escape to and stay fit and happy!

In November 2012 I was hired on at JL Sorenson Recreation Center as a fitness instructor sub and in January 2013 I got my own Kids on the Move class that I teach on Mondays and my own TRX class that I teach every other Fridays. I also was hired on a couple weeks ago as a Personal Trainer at JL. I  have a couple of clients so far and I am beyond excited to be able to help others. I also get so excited & nervous when I get a call to sub a class but I love it so much. I subbed my first Zumba class the other day, it was so much fun, the class of 53 had so much energy!

I just want to thank everyone who has supported me every step and for all the love and encouragement. I know it could be a little strange for some who have watched me lose my weight and transform on the outside, but I am still the same person on the inside. I have tried my hardest to stay the same Jena and at the same time have tried to improve some of my flaws. I am busier now, even though I have always been a busy person, but I am still me, I am still Jena and I always make time for friends. Friendships are really important to me and I really focus a lot of my energy to keeping up with friendships. I feel like through this journey I have made so many great new friends, strengthened a lot of old wonderful friendships, & sadly I feel like I have lost some friends along the way for unknown reasons to me, and to them I say I love you and I am sorry for whatever I have done to push you away, I am still here with open arms and an open heart and great memories.

I hope I have not come across as conceded or better than others because if anything, this experience has humbled me, has taught me so much about myself and about others who struggle and have issues with weight, hormones, self-image, self-esteem, self-worth. I hope I can help others go through their own fitness journeys without having to jump through as many hoops as I did.

Thanks for reading, I love comments and feedback and if you want to contact me privately you are welcome to email me at jenasweightloss@gmail.com . I am still taking on clients and would love to help you reach your fitness goals, whatever they may be!

One important thing I hope you can take from this post is to take care of yourself first so you can take care of those around you. We tend to do the oposite and it is time to stop, be a little selfish and take care of yourself so you can exist and be here for those that love you!

Stay fit and be happy! Here's to 2013!
-Jena

Comments

  1. I think you've only gotten better...love you, alway have and always will. I'm beyond proud of you and am so excited for all you have going on in your life. Can't wait to hear what's next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy for your love and support and for always leaving me comments, you rock babe! Love ya tonz!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm back! For Realzies!

Okay, so it is time I am serious about posting my progress. This year I have lost a lot, but gained it right back as soon as I stopped moving. I got into bad habits with eating and sleeping and now I regret not keeping up with the workouts and healthy eating habits, even though I was burnt out, it was not worth gaining it back. It comes on faster than it goes, now the hard work starts over again. Someday I will learn, I hope... I am, however, proud to list my accomplishments: 3 5ks so far 1 10 k 1 15 k 2 half marathons so far On Sept. 11th I will be running in my first relay race. I am very excited but I have 3 legs to run in 24 hours: Leg 1= 6.5 Leg 2= 6.3 Leg 3= 3.9 I also plan on running at least 2 more half marathons this year. My new adventure in weight loss starts on Monday, May 24th. I joined a local Boot Camp for 3 months, so by Aug. 23rd I Will be looking good. I will be working out 5 days a week at 5:30 am. Yeah, crazy I know! I really want to push myse

What keeps me going Wednesdays...

I decided to do a scheduled post every Wednesday and the topic will be "What keeps me going". I will be focusing on the types of food I eat to keep my motor running while I am doing boot camp, running, climbing and training for the Red Rock relay race. This week my post is about  LUNA  bars. I love Luna bars for my pre-workout snack or post-workout snack and they come in handy when I am on the road or out of town because they fill me up and it is better than snacking on a candy bar that is full of bad calories. The calories vary between 170-190 depending on the flavor and type. Luna bars are made specifically for woman and made with 70% organic ingredients. The normal bars have between 8 and 9 grams of protein depending on the flavor and the new Luna protein bars have 12 grams of protein. They taste so good that you forget you are eating a fitness bar. The price of Luna bars depends on where you go to get them. I have found them for under a dollar a piece at Target and Wa

My new love...

As a lot of my friends know, I have always been a runner, I have always loved running. My Dad started me out running when I was 3. I still have a really young memory from when I was 3 or 4 and I remember going on a night run with my Dad and loving it. 30+ years later I still love it but now I have another love, riding my road bike! Lucky for me, the weather has been crazy in Utah so almost every weekend since I got my bike I have gone on at least 1 ride. I have gone on most of them alone, but I really prefer having a friend with me. I have been going to about 6 spin classes a week which has really helped me when I get out on the road. I also have experienced my first flat and I had no idea how to take off my rear wheel to fix it so luckily my husband rescued me and took me to the bike shop for a lesson. You Tube on the side of the road was not very helpful... This past weekend I went on a 14 mile ride with one of my dearest friends, Lori. We also did a drive by and st