Skip to main content

Red Rock Relay: Zion

Three years ago I ran my first relay race, Red Rock Relay Zion, with Team Herriman Hotties. I was already in the middle of my weight loss journey but I was struggling with losing weight, I didn't know I had PCOS or Insulin Resistance at the time but I was eating right and exercising all the time.

This wonderful group of Women let me be part of this amazing team, they loved and accepted me how I was and cheered me on, every step of the way. I was runner # 4 with a total of 18.5 miles to complete over 3 runs in 24 hours time. I had the best time running with these women in this beautiful relay race across Southern Utah that started at Brian Head Ski Resort and Finished at Zion's National Park.

Herriman Hotties has had several different runners over the years due to people needing to drop off the team for various reasons. In total, there are 21 Herriman Hottie Alumni, and we all have a very strong bond. I love each of these women, they all inspire me, motivate me and make me want to be a better person.

I want to say a big thank you to my team, the Herriman Hotties, the Red Rock Relay Peeps, and all the teams that participate in the RRR every year. You have all been so kind and supportive and even though I was 100 pounds heavier, I never was treated differently than any other Athlete. Thank you....


I ran the same legs every year and would love to share my time improvements over the years. The legs changed slightly but the mileage always ended being close to the same:

Runner # 4 Leg 4
Bryce View Master 
7 miles according to map

Sept. 10, 2010
1:29:39
Avg. Pace 12:29
GPS Miles 7.18

Sept. 9, 2011
1:22:51
Avg. Pace 11:30
GPS Miles 7.21

Sept. 7, 2012
1:07:29
Avg. Pace 9:27
GPS Miles 7.14

Runner # 4 Leg 16 
Dirty Devil 
5.8 miles according to map

Sept. 11, 2010
1:41:43
Avg. Pace 16:01
GPS Miles 6.35

Sept. 9, 2011
1:29:01
Avg. Pace 14:32
GPS Miles 6.12

Sept. 7, 2012
1:13:27
Avg. Pace 12:59
GPS Miles 5.66

Runner # 4 Leg 28
Red Panorama
5.7 miles according to map

Sept. 11, 2010
1:41:43
Avg. Pace 16:01
GPS Miles 4.94

Sept. 10, 2011
1:08:48
Avg. Pace 12:26
GPS Miles 5.53

Sept. 8, 2012
1:00:45
Avg. Pace 10:52
GPS Miles 5.59

I am so happy that I was able to improve by so much, even just from last year to this year, 18 minutes off my first leg and 8 minutes off my last! Anything is possible if you set your mind out to do something, start saying you can and you will!

Thanks for reading and thanks for the support!

Love you team Herriman Hotties!

Herriman Hotties 2010


Herriman Hotties 2011


Herriman Hotties 2012




Life is too short, so enjoy the little things! --Jena



Comments

  1. OK - I needed to read your blog today! I need to read it every day! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I can only imagine how beautiful that run must be. You are, as always, awesome! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must state Now i'm totally pleased with our Phentermine UK hottest expertise to lose weight, this is absolutely remarkable, the way i improved once site i possessed been to phentermine. Prefer a thin body, you should go to which way too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can only think about how wonderful that run must be. You are, as always, awesome! Thanks for the inspiration!

    Sincerely yours,
    Allen Carlos

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I'm back! For Realzies!

Okay, so it is time I am serious about posting my progress. This year I have lost a lot, but gained it right back as soon as I stopped moving. I got into bad habits with eating and sleeping and now I regret not keeping up with the workouts and healthy eating habits, even though I was burnt out, it was not worth gaining it back. It comes on faster than it goes, now the hard work starts over again. Someday I will learn, I hope... I am, however, proud to list my accomplishments: 3 5ks so far 1 10 k 1 15 k 2 half marathons so far On Sept. 11th I will be running in my first relay race. I am very excited but I have 3 legs to run in 24 hours: Leg 1= 6.5 Leg 2= 6.3 Leg 3= 3.9 I also plan on running at least 2 more half marathons this year. My new adventure in weight loss starts on Monday, May 24th. I joined a local Boot Camp for 3 months, so by Aug. 23rd I Will be looking good. I will be working out 5 days a week at 5:30 am. Yeah, crazy I know! I really want to push myse

What keeps me going Wednesdays...

I decided to do a scheduled post every Wednesday and the topic will be "What keeps me going". I will be focusing on the types of food I eat to keep my motor running while I am doing boot camp, running, climbing and training for the Red Rock relay race. This week my post is about  LUNA  bars. I love Luna bars for my pre-workout snack or post-workout snack and they come in handy when I am on the road or out of town because they fill me up and it is better than snacking on a candy bar that is full of bad calories. The calories vary between 170-190 depending on the flavor and type. Luna bars are made specifically for woman and made with 70% organic ingredients. The normal bars have between 8 and 9 grams of protein depending on the flavor and the new Luna protein bars have 12 grams of protein. They taste so good that you forget you are eating a fitness bar. The price of Luna bars depends on where you go to get them. I have found them for under a dollar a piece at Target and Wa

My new love...

As a lot of my friends know, I have always been a runner, I have always loved running. My Dad started me out running when I was 3. I still have a really young memory from when I was 3 or 4 and I remember going on a night run with my Dad and loving it. 30+ years later I still love it but now I have another love, riding my road bike! Lucky for me, the weather has been crazy in Utah so almost every weekend since I got my bike I have gone on at least 1 ride. I have gone on most of them alone, but I really prefer having a friend with me. I have been going to about 6 spin classes a week which has really helped me when I get out on the road. I also have experienced my first flat and I had no idea how to take off my rear wheel to fix it so luckily my husband rescued me and took me to the bike shop for a lesson. You Tube on the side of the road was not very helpful... This past weekend I went on a 14 mile ride with one of my dearest friends, Lori. We also did a drive by and st